Statement of Faith
The Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God; it is the ultimate source of truth and authority. (II Tim. 3:16; II Pet. 1:20-21; Heb. 4:12)
One of the divine mysteries that we receive by faith is that God is triune, three distinct persons, yet one God. (Matt. 28:18,19; Matt. 3:16,17)
Jesus, who is true God and true man, is the only way of salvation having made full and complete payment for all the sins of all people when He died on the cross at Calvary, and His resurrection is proof that the Father accepted this payment. (I John 4:2 & 15; John 3:16; I John 1:7)
The Holy Spirit initially brings believers to faith in Jesus, and keeps them in the faith day by day, and works constantly to produce spiritual maturity. Believers are to submit to the Holy Spirit and cooperate with Him as He develops spiritual fruit in each life. (I Cor. 12:3; I Cor. 6:11; Gal. 5:22-24).
It is both a privilege and a duty to share the good news of salvation through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ with all people because all are sinful by birth and by personal act. All will perish in the eternal lake of fire unless they receive Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. (Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Luke 24:46,47)
The gifts of the Holy Spirit are available today. Therefore, we believe these gifts include healing miracles, supernatural wisdom and knowledge, and God speaking through prophetic utterances. ZCA teaches that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is available to all born-again believers as God’s gift of power to witness and to live a victorious Christian life. (Rom. 11:29; Num. 11:22; I Cor. 12:1-11; I Cor. 14; Mark 1:8; Matt. 3:11)
Parents have the God-given responsibility to bring their children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. (Eph. 6:4; Deut. 6:4-9; Prov. 22:6)
Prayer is a vital part of every Christian’s life. To praise God, seek His guidance, intercede for the needs of others, and offer personal petitions. God has bound Himself to answer the prayer offering - retaining for Himself the right to determine “how” and “when”. (I Thessalonians 5:16-22; James 1:5-8; James 5:13-18; I Tim. 2:1-4)
Those who are in right relationship with Jesus will be active and regular in attendance at a church or Christian fellowship. (Act 2:42,46,47; Acts 1:14)
God has not rejected Israel. Therefore, for the sake of God, we offer friendship and support to Jewish people throughout the world. (2 Chronicles 9:8; Psalms 98:3; Isaiah 44:21; Ezekiel 37:28; Romans 11:25; Jeremiah 31:2)
We believe marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one biological man and one biological woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only within the confines of marriage. (Gen. 1:26-28; 2:24, Matt.19:1-10, Eph. 5:22-33, Heb. 13:4)
We believe that children are a blessing from the Lord. Thus, all human life is sacred and worthy or protection from the moment of conception. (Psalms 127; 139:13-16)
1. Every student will be encouraged to develop an increasingly vital relationship with Jesus in which He becomes both Lord and friend.
2. All subjects will be taught from a biblical perspective, emphasizing that all truth is God’s truth and that Jesus Christ is the ultimate source of wisdom.
3. All teaching will focus upon transforming student lives, flowing out of a caring student/teacher relationship.
4. The Holy Spirit will be given freedom to direct all activities at Zion Christian Academy.
5. Education will be directed toward body, soul, and spirit, with educational experiences constructed to promote growth in each of the three domains.
6. Every student will be encouraged to participate in service projects and mission experiences.
7. Character education is central to the curriculum.
8. Teachers have the right to teach, while students have the right to learn. Teachers and administrators will partner to protect those rights, allowing no student to disrupt the teaching/learning process.
9. Zion Christian Academy will facilitate effective teaching strategies that engage every student and lead students to specific learning objectives.
10. Zion Christian Academy will commit to teaching students how to think critically discerning truth from error.
11. Extracurricular activities, field trips, service projects are integral to the total educational experience of ZCA students and will be interwoven throughout the educational program.
12. Zion Christian Academy will maintain a strong commitment to excellence in every program offered.